quotes about life and love
quotes about life and love. quotes about life and love and
glus
09-11 09:13 AM
Just ordered a t-shirt from NY.
quotes about life and love. famous quotes about life and
Macaca
01-22 06:22 PM
My company filed my (non-PERM) LC before I joined the company. I was on H1B with another organization. My LC was approved immediately after I joined the company.
I don't know if there is a point at which the person should join the company that has already started processing his/her GC. I know that you can get GC before joining the company processing your GC; for example, if person is not in the country.
All,
Please help with contributions. If you have contributed, please help in contributions from other persons. Thanks.
I don't know if there is a point at which the person should join the company that has already started processing his/her GC. I know that you can get GC before joining the company processing your GC; for example, if person is not in the country.
All,
Please help with contributions. If you have contributed, please help in contributions from other persons. Thanks.
quotes about life and love. funny quotes on life and love.
harish
08-16 09:50 AM
Please update on who received their FP notices:
Application was mailed on 06/25/07 to NSC, but my case got transfered to TSC. My receipt number begins with SRC....
485 RD: 06/26/2007
485 ND: 08/06/2007
FP ND: Waiting..........
FP Date: Waiting.........
Application was mailed on 06/25/07 to NSC, but my case got transfered to TSC. My receipt number begins with SRC....
485 RD: 06/26/2007
485 ND: 08/06/2007
FP ND: Waiting..........
FP Date: Waiting.........
quotes about life and love. life and love quotes. love and
snathan
04-13 08:19 PM
Hi,
I am Canadian citizen lived in Canada for 9 years. In 2005, I moved to USA on TN visa. Here is my case details.....
Priority Date : Jun-06
Category : EB2
I140 Approved : 08/15/2006
Chargeability : India
Processing Stage : I-485, EAD, AP
I485 Mailed Date : 07/02/2007
My daughter is born in Canada in year 2000.
My quastion is can I use my daughter's birth country for cross chargeability. I know this is not very common, most of the time spouse's country of birth can be used for cross chargeability. But while I was googling I found the defination on the below website....
http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Dictionary/C1.asp
Cross Chargeability : When a Green Card applicant is subject to a quota waiting list, but is the child or the spouse of persons born in a country with more favorable quota, the applicant may cross charge to the most favorable quota.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
If you can do that....I am sure most of the folks can do their child's chargeability as US and get the GC in matter of months... Anyway check with the attorney and update us...
I am Canadian citizen lived in Canada for 9 years. In 2005, I moved to USA on TN visa. Here is my case details.....
Priority Date : Jun-06
Category : EB2
I140 Approved : 08/15/2006
Chargeability : India
Processing Stage : I-485, EAD, AP
I485 Mailed Date : 07/02/2007
My daughter is born in Canada in year 2000.
My quastion is can I use my daughter's birth country for cross chargeability. I know this is not very common, most of the time spouse's country of birth can be used for cross chargeability. But while I was googling I found the defination on the below website....
http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Dictionary/C1.asp
Cross Chargeability : When a Green Card applicant is subject to a quota waiting list, but is the child or the spouse of persons born in a country with more favorable quota, the applicant may cross charge to the most favorable quota.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
If you can do that....I am sure most of the folks can do their child's chargeability as US and get the GC in matter of months... Anyway check with the attorney and update us...
more...
quotes about life and love. life and love quotes. nice
Munna Bhai
08-30 12:54 PM
My PD is 2002 Aug
If you need answer, you need to give more information:
a)Is it a sub-labor.
b)Did you or company has been flagged by USCIS for any event.
c)Did you or your spouse applied for GC which is flagged for some reason.
d)Any other info you would like to share.
If you need answer, you need to give more information:
a)Is it a sub-labor.
b)Did you or company has been flagged by USCIS for any event.
c)Did you or your spouse applied for GC which is flagged for some reason.
d)Any other info you would like to share.
quotes about life and love. sad quotes about love and

kaskar
06-19 01:27 PM
any members planning consular processing in delhi ???
please respond
please respond
more...
quotes about life and love. quotes on life and love

tabletpc
07-29 10:59 PM
If the applicant has US degree its good to goto canand for stamping as it will be easy for them to varify degree documents.
Even i was scared...2 years back when i went to calgary for stamping. But having a US degree did help me. Later many of my frinds who din't had US degree had problems from cananda.
If u r going to canada its better to go with a approved h1B(I797) rather than directly asking them for extension.
Yes if it gets rejected...u need to take an appointment in india and return to US.
Even i was scared...2 years back when i went to calgary for stamping. But having a US degree did help me. Later many of my frinds who din't had US degree had problems from cananda.
If u r going to canada its better to go with a approved h1B(I797) rather than directly asking them for extension.
Yes if it gets rejected...u need to take an appointment in india and return to US.
quotes about life and love. pics of quotes about life.

newbee7
07-04 06:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your story! All the best..
more...
quotes about life and love. cute quotes on life and love.
cooldude0807
12-12 12:17 PM
How about Montgomery, so that folks from Mobile can also show up for the meet & it will be a good center point....
quotes about life and love. Sad Quotes about Life.

Munna Bhai
08-30 12:54 PM
My PD is 2002 Aug
If you need answer, you need to give more information:
a)Is it a sub-labor.
b)Did you or company has been flagged by USCIS for any event.
c)Did you or your spouse applied for GC which is flagged for some reason.
d)Any other info you would like to share.
If you need answer, you need to give more information:
a)Is it a sub-labor.
b)Did you or company has been flagged by USCIS for any event.
c)Did you or your spouse applied for GC which is flagged for some reason.
d)Any other info you would like to share.
more...
quotes about life and love. good quotes on life and love.
reddog
02-24 12:02 PM
Recently we are seeing lot of people with new id without completing profile they are able to start new thread. What if admin enforced new user to fill the personnel information and then only they can post on this web site. More importantly some key massages\important issues get berried in active forums due to above issue.
Even going further we can put trial period for new users for 15 days .If they have any questions just pay 5-10 $ and get active in forum there answers will be provided by all our valued/all star members (most green as per rank) in this way we get more revenue and members get valued advice.
I totally disagree with this idea.
infact, for posting onto a forum or replying, there should be minimal registration info required, i would say, the handle, email id, password and the captcha and thats that.
IV should not kick into protective mode cos of one tunnel rat.
the site and the forums should attract people from all walks of life, regardless of their immigration status.
what if i m a lawyer and want to respond to things or post new threads?
what if i m a citizen and want to reply to something i know?
what if i m a father of a h1b trying to find an answer on tourist visas?
I dont want a lengthly registration form for that.
Even going further we can put trial period for new users for 15 days .If they have any questions just pay 5-10 $ and get active in forum there answers will be provided by all our valued/all star members (most green as per rank) in this way we get more revenue and members get valued advice.
I totally disagree with this idea.
infact, for posting onto a forum or replying, there should be minimal registration info required, i would say, the handle, email id, password and the captcha and thats that.
IV should not kick into protective mode cos of one tunnel rat.
the site and the forums should attract people from all walks of life, regardless of their immigration status.
what if i m a lawyer and want to respond to things or post new threads?
what if i m a citizen and want to reply to something i know?
what if i m a father of a h1b trying to find an answer on tourist visas?
I dont want a lengthly registration form for that.
quotes about life and love. quotes about life and love and
h1-b forever
09-27 08:58 AM
Did this campaign start?
more...
quotes about life and love. cute quotes on life and love.
santb1975
12-10 08:17 AM
For question 2 - you just have to put a reminder for yourself and make a contribution of 10$ every month to donations at immigrationvoice.org. May be this can be done on par with the rent/ mortgage/ credit card bill/car payment that happens every month
Hello-
1) Is it possible to allow minimum ONE TIME contributions like $10?
2) Is it possible to allow minimum RECURRING contributions like $10?
When I am talking to my friends, we felt that the above things increase the
Contributions. We are also thinking that it is easy to ask friends to contribute if there are no limits on the contributions.
If I am correct there are more than 25,000 Members. If there are 10% of active members and each contribute $10 we get another $25000 that is required for the Bill.
My Contributions:
$50 Recurring Contributions from Nov 07.
Contributed $100 for the DC Rally.
$25 to the local Northern California Chapter in Oct 07.
Contributed to AILF $100 during the July visa bulletin time.
Hello-
1) Is it possible to allow minimum ONE TIME contributions like $10?
2) Is it possible to allow minimum RECURRING contributions like $10?
When I am talking to my friends, we felt that the above things increase the
Contributions. We are also thinking that it is easy to ask friends to contribute if there are no limits on the contributions.
If I am correct there are more than 25,000 Members. If there are 10% of active members and each contribute $10 we get another $25000 that is required for the Bill.
My Contributions:
$50 Recurring Contributions from Nov 07.
Contributed $100 for the DC Rally.
$25 to the local Northern California Chapter in Oct 07.
Contributed to AILF $100 during the July visa bulletin time.
quotes about life and love. Life Quotes Graphics, Comments
acecupid
08-19 09:38 PM
If you renew your passport in US it takes approx 5-6 working days. I have done that at san francisco indian consulate. In India it may take weeks or even more than a month unless you have some connections. You know how things work in India...
I dont think you should have problems even at POE with passport expiring less than 6 months. I would suggest try to renew it in US if you have time or dont renew it at all till you come back to US. Trying to do it in India might cause delays.
I dont think you should have problems even at POE with passport expiring less than 6 months. I would suggest try to renew it in US if you have time or dont renew it at all till you come back to US. Trying to do it in India might cause delays.
more...
quotes about life and love. Sad quotes amp; life quote 5
raysaikat
05-07 09:27 AM
I am holding J-1 student visa (academic training) from 8/2007 and will be expired on 7/31/2010, sponsor by U of Colorado. I am working as a postdoc for a project funded by NIH until 2013 at VCU. My advisor want to change my visa category from J-1 student to J-1 scholar, sponsor by VCU, to continue the project.
According to an international advisor at VCU where I am applying J-1 scholar, I cannot change from J-1 student to J-1 scholar due to 12-month bar:
[Time spent in the United States in any J status (including J-2 status) during the 12-month period preceding the prospective professor or research scholar's program begin date may affect the alien's eligibility for participation as a Professor or Research Scholar.
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2) establishes what is referred to as the "12-month bar." The general proposition of the 12-month bar is that an alien is not eligible to begin an exchange program as a Professor or Research Scholar based on a DS-2019 issued "to begin a new program" if he or she was physically present in any J status (including J-2 status) for "all or part of" the "twelve month period immediately preceding the date of program commencement set forth on his or her Form DS-2019." ]
But according to an international advisor at University of Colorado (my current sponsor for J1 student) that the 12-month bar is not applicable for me due to exception:
[(A) J-1 transfers. The 12 month bar is not applicable to those who will begin a program by transferring to a new program sponsor under the transfer procedures of 22 C.F.R. � 62.42 ;
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2)(i) ]
Who is right? What should I do? :confused:
I appreciate any help !!!
Looks like the determining point is whether it is a "transfer" of a "new program". Since you are going from "student" to "post-doc", the safer interpretation is that it is a "new program". But you may try to argue that it a "transfer". Read the corresponding CFR's -- they are reasonably clear (google will give you the texts). For instance, this is what is "transfer":
TITLE 22--FOREIGN RELATIONS
CHAPTER V--UNITED STATES INFORMATION AGENCY
PART 514--EXCHANGE VISITOR PROGRAM--Table of Contents
Subpart C--Status of Exchange Visitors
Sec. 514.42 Transfer of program.
(a) Program sponsors may, pursuant to the provisions set forth in
this section, permit an exchange visitor to transfer from one designated
program to another designated program.
(b) The responsible officer of the program to which the exchange
visitor is transferring:
(1) Shall verify the exchange visitor's visa status and program
eligibility;
(2) Execute the Form IAP-66; and
(3) Secure the written release of the current sponsor.
(c) Upon return of the completed Form IAP-66, the responsible
officer of the program to which the exchange visitor has transferred
shall provide:
(1) The exchange visitor his or her copy of the Form IAP-66; and
(2) A notification copy of such form to the Agency.
According to an international advisor at VCU where I am applying J-1 scholar, I cannot change from J-1 student to J-1 scholar due to 12-month bar:
[Time spent in the United States in any J status (including J-2 status) during the 12-month period preceding the prospective professor or research scholar's program begin date may affect the alien's eligibility for participation as a Professor or Research Scholar.
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2) establishes what is referred to as the "12-month bar." The general proposition of the 12-month bar is that an alien is not eligible to begin an exchange program as a Professor or Research Scholar based on a DS-2019 issued "to begin a new program" if he or she was physically present in any J status (including J-2 status) for "all or part of" the "twelve month period immediately preceding the date of program commencement set forth on his or her Form DS-2019." ]
But according to an international advisor at University of Colorado (my current sponsor for J1 student) that the 12-month bar is not applicable for me due to exception:
[(A) J-1 transfers. The 12 month bar is not applicable to those who will begin a program by transferring to a new program sponsor under the transfer procedures of 22 C.F.R. � 62.42 ;
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2)(i) ]
Who is right? What should I do? :confused:
I appreciate any help !!!
Looks like the determining point is whether it is a "transfer" of a "new program". Since you are going from "student" to "post-doc", the safer interpretation is that it is a "new program". But you may try to argue that it a "transfer". Read the corresponding CFR's -- they are reasonably clear (google will give you the texts). For instance, this is what is "transfer":
TITLE 22--FOREIGN RELATIONS
CHAPTER V--UNITED STATES INFORMATION AGENCY
PART 514--EXCHANGE VISITOR PROGRAM--Table of Contents
Subpart C--Status of Exchange Visitors
Sec. 514.42 Transfer of program.
(a) Program sponsors may, pursuant to the provisions set forth in
this section, permit an exchange visitor to transfer from one designated
program to another designated program.
(b) The responsible officer of the program to which the exchange
visitor is transferring:
(1) Shall verify the exchange visitor's visa status and program
eligibility;
(2) Execute the Form IAP-66; and
(3) Secure the written release of the current sponsor.
(c) Upon return of the completed Form IAP-66, the responsible
officer of the program to which the exchange visitor has transferred
shall provide:
(1) The exchange visitor his or her copy of the Form IAP-66; and
(2) A notification copy of such form to the Agency.
quotes about life and love. funny quotes on life and love.
ajp5
05-05 10:15 AM
It has to be approved before you can start to work. You can go with premium processing so its approved within a couple of weeks.
That is incorrect. It does not have to be approved before you can start working. My wife recently got her H1 to H4 to H1 approved and she started work as soon as H4 to H1 was filed.
That is incorrect. It does not have to be approved before you can start working. My wife recently got her H1 to H4 to H1 approved and she started work as soon as H4 to H1 was filed.
more...
quotes about life and love. funny quotes love. funny

skv
08-16 10:57 PM
It doesn't matter when NOID is issued. All that matters is TB test, get it done as fast as possible.
As per the USCIS FAQ #2, medical exam can be submitted at a later date.
Ref : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_faq2ju.html
In addition to permitting I-485s to be filed without medical exams, the USCIS will also accept medical exams completed abroad by DOS authorized doctors.
As per the USCIS FAQ #2, medical exam can be submitted at a later date.
Ref : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_faq2ju.html
In addition to permitting I-485s to be filed without medical exams, the USCIS will also accept medical exams completed abroad by DOS authorized doctors.
quotes about life and love. life and love quotes

Imigrait
01-26 11:06 AM
Great AP dates have finally moved :) . Hopefully should get mine by Feb end.
quotes about life and love. quotes on life and love.

drona
10-02 12:45 PM
Come on So Cal folks. We are meeting in Cerritos, CA this Saturday October 6th at 3pm. Login to our yahoo group for more information.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
deepakjain
01-21 03:25 PM
I was one of the candidates who had this issue, I was given a 221g in 2009 Dec at mumbai consulate.
I was not asked for any documents, and the officer told me that my case has been putup for security check and I can expect a reply back from Washington DC within 2-8 weeks.
I received a reply on my case after 3 weeks and then I took the copy of the reply and submitted my passport at the mumbai consulate for visa stamping, 3 days after
submitting my passport I got it back with visa stamped on it.
Please note in 2009 I was in my 7th year of H1B, I had EAD and AP during that time and I have a permanent job and have been working for the same firm for last 6 years.
Regards,
Deepak
Folks:
I was just informed by my lawyer that there is a potenital for significant delay in getting the visa stamped due to security checks. I assume it is PIMS related. My questions is:
1: Has anyone experienced such delay recently at Delhi Consulate? Please note that last visa H1B expired in Aug 2010.
2: Is there any proactive steps I can take before going to India and make sure that there are no delay due to PIMS verification
I also read somewhere that there is a way to get PIMS verification done while in US.
I will appreciate your responses.
I was not asked for any documents, and the officer told me that my case has been putup for security check and I can expect a reply back from Washington DC within 2-8 weeks.
I received a reply on my case after 3 weeks and then I took the copy of the reply and submitted my passport at the mumbai consulate for visa stamping, 3 days after
submitting my passport I got it back with visa stamped on it.
Please note in 2009 I was in my 7th year of H1B, I had EAD and AP during that time and I have a permanent job and have been working for the same firm for last 6 years.
Regards,
Deepak
Folks:
I was just informed by my lawyer that there is a potenital for significant delay in getting the visa stamped due to security checks. I assume it is PIMS related. My questions is:
1: Has anyone experienced such delay recently at Delhi Consulate? Please note that last visa H1B expired in Aug 2010.
2: Is there any proactive steps I can take before going to India and make sure that there are no delay due to PIMS verification
I also read somewhere that there is a way to get PIMS verification done while in US.
I will appreciate your responses.
GCNirvana007
10-08 04:46 PM
If I understand you correctly, you were working for Employer A and he filed your Labor. You changed to employer B while labor was pending and started working for employer B on H1. Employer A continued to process your GC and you got it approved. If this is true, then you should immediately join employer A since your GC was approved through employer A.
Yes, roseball, you got it right.
Whats the reason to join Employer A and what will make me become an employee of Employer A - like i to have them do my W2?
Yes, roseball, you got it right.
Whats the reason to join Employer A and what will make me become an employee of Employer A - like i to have them do my W2?