quotes about godmothers
redelite
08-27 03:06 PM
...I feel left out here.. what does SMH stand for?
whattodo21
05-03 10:24 AM
Right.
But Mr Gutierrez thinks otherwise. Hispanic Democrats know very well that if Legals get any reprieve, then the fate of undocumented provisions is for sure dead. That's why all legal provisions have been held hostage.
Unfortunately, legal immigration doesnot have any representation in the senate to work for our interests.
Suprisingly, majority of the Americans favor legal immigration over undocumented, and any legal provisions will have public support. A few senators are playing dirty politics and holding thousands of legalites ransom. If CIR fails, I would hope/pray these Hispanic Democrats don't get elected in mid-term so that we can move forward
catch 22 both ways! One way or the other we are joined at the hip to the Hispanic community.
But Mr Gutierrez thinks otherwise. Hispanic Democrats know very well that if Legals get any reprieve, then the fate of undocumented provisions is for sure dead. That's why all legal provisions have been held hostage.
Unfortunately, legal immigration doesnot have any representation in the senate to work for our interests.
Suprisingly, majority of the Americans favor legal immigration over undocumented, and any legal provisions will have public support. A few senators are playing dirty politics and holding thousands of legalites ransom. If CIR fails, I would hope/pray these Hispanic Democrats don't get elected in mid-term so that we can move forward
catch 22 both ways! One way or the other we are joined at the hip to the Hispanic community.
njboy
06-09 11:35 AM
bottom line is guys..they've figured out a cash cow, and will milk it..can a person on H1B afford 5 months of waiting for renewal/job change extension? What if there is an emergency at home? there's always a solution, beg the company to pay $1000.00 and convert it into premium process. What if the company does not want to? You are sc***ed! The waste products are going to hit the overhead air circulation device once they start processing the 13 mil. illegal immigrants.
snathan
01-22 07:36 PM
I hate the word Donate but somehow I donated blood which will be sent to Haiti. I did some in monies. Life is life no matter who it is.
Can you provide more details...?
Can you provide more details...?
more...

sumansk
09-28 04:44 PM
Its not ata ll meaningful....I just hate to see no order of processing taking place...still many guys with older filing dates waiting and guys filing as late as a week back gettign their receipts...system any where sucks man..
GOD REALLY NEED TO BLESS AMERICA....
GOD REALLY NEED TO BLESS AMERICA....
MrWaitingGC
05-22 04:20 PM
If you have I140 cleared from company A you can use Priority date if you change Job and apply fresh GC from Company B in any catergory.
How will this change if the new legislation/amendment that are discussed passes.
Any ideas guys.
How will this change if the new legislation/amendment that are discussed passes.
Any ideas guys.
more...
amitjoey
06-17 06:50 PM
Total Contributions on this thread: $650- I am moving these to the funding thread. Please post your contributions on the funding thread.
prinive
03-27 11:20 AM
Any one... good news on the way in 48 hours... Any one...:rolleyes:
more...
Jaime
03-29 11:07 AM
Read the Murthy article, looks like DOL is stepping up PERM approvals for non-audited cases (now let's just pray we who are waiting for PERM don't get audited!)
Best of luck to all!
MurthyDotCom : Stepped-Up PERM / LC Processing (http://murthy.com/news/n_stepup.html)
Best of luck to all!
MurthyDotCom : Stepped-Up PERM / LC Processing (http://murthy.com/news/n_stepup.html)

Edison99
03-25 03:11 PM
Congrats the_jaguar and enjoy!
Folks,
I would like to share my success story of getting my I-485 application approved with a revoked/withdrawn I-140. We received our Green Cards and Welcome Letters in the mail yesterday. If you go through my profile, you should be able to get most of the information, but here it is anyway:
1] Company A applied for my LC followed by the I-140 application. We never got a chance to file I-485.
2] After I quite company A, they withdrew my I-140 application.
3] Company B started the process again with my labor application, followed by my new I-140 application. We didn't capture the older PD at this stage, but the A# was the same as the old one.
4] When we sent in our I-485 application, we included a letter describing that we would like to retain the older PD (we sent them a snippet of page 27 of the Field Adjudicator's Manual - Yates memo). In the interest of being transparent, we mentioned that the earlier I-140 was withdrawn by the previous employer. After an unrelated RFE, our case was finally approved last Friday (03/18).
I am sharing this information so that others who are stuck in a similar situation can use this as a datapoint in their struggle against the USCIS. I wish you all the very best in your Green Card journey.
Folks,
I would like to share my success story of getting my I-485 application approved with a revoked/withdrawn I-140. We received our Green Cards and Welcome Letters in the mail yesterday. If you go through my profile, you should be able to get most of the information, but here it is anyway:
1] Company A applied for my LC followed by the I-140 application. We never got a chance to file I-485.
2] After I quite company A, they withdrew my I-140 application.
3] Company B started the process again with my labor application, followed by my new I-140 application. We didn't capture the older PD at this stage, but the A# was the same as the old one.
4] When we sent in our I-485 application, we included a letter describing that we would like to retain the older PD (we sent them a snippet of page 27 of the Field Adjudicator's Manual - Yates memo). In the interest of being transparent, we mentioned that the earlier I-140 was withdrawn by the previous employer. After an unrelated RFE, our case was finally approved last Friday (03/18).
I am sharing this information so that others who are stuck in a similar situation can use this as a datapoint in their struggle against the USCIS. I wish you all the very best in your Green Card journey.
more...
tinamatthew
07-21 01:37 PM
bumping it....I need some links guys
I agree - some links guys. An EAD and AP last only for 1 year. After that I expect we would have to pay for a renewal
I agree - some links guys. An EAD and AP last only for 1 year. After that I expect we would have to pay for a renewal
Wish_Good
06-22 06:04 PM
Hi Attorney's,
Thanks for this excellent community service. Which will help lot
of people like me who are stuck with the Immigration/USCIS Issues/Errors.
My Sincere thanks for responses to my earlier posting.
Company A: Labor approved in Dec 2006. Applied I-140 in June 2007
and got RFE regarding my Educational Transcripts Which was
responded in time and USCIS received on Dec 5, 2007. Then Got EAD
and AP approved. On Apr3 2008 I-140 Denied (I-140 was denied -
due to 3yr degree) then I-485 denied on June 26th 2008. So, First
applied MTR for I-140 which was denied on Feb,2009. Then applied
one more MTR (Appeal)for I-140 on March 13th, 2009 (check cashed
by USCIS... receipt copy not yet received).
Suddenly in the recent past month I see that, My I-485 status
updated saying -Transferred and now pending @ Texas service center
(got a notice). So, I applied EAD on June 4th 2009 based on this New Status.
But "When I was on my 7th year of H-1B (valid upto Apr 2009)" jumped (transfered my H1B) to Company B.
Company B: Before I join this company B. They already applied my Labor (GC)
and got approved on June 24, 2008. Then applied H1 Transfer and got approved (valid upto July 13th 2009) and joined this company. Once I joined this company they applied my I-140 and got approved in Jan 2009. Based on this I applied for H1 extension for 3 years. But USCIS denied my H1 and H4 with "Denial Reason: I-485 is denied in June 2008. So, I am not eligible under 104(c) or 106 of AC21 act". Infact we asked extension based on Approved New I-140 of company B. But USCIS denied based on Old company A's I-485. It looks like a real error by USCIS.
Now Applied MTR(Appeal) on H1 and H4 deniad on Apr 17 2009 and waiting for response.
Looking into this.
My Humble request Please give your valuable suggestion. What would be my next step to be in legal status and continue my job. Iam in deep dialemma and verymuch depressed.
Please help me.
Thanks a Lot in Advance.
Thanks for this excellent community service. Which will help lot
of people like me who are stuck with the Immigration/USCIS Issues/Errors.
My Sincere thanks for responses to my earlier posting.
Company A: Labor approved in Dec 2006. Applied I-140 in June 2007
and got RFE regarding my Educational Transcripts Which was
responded in time and USCIS received on Dec 5, 2007. Then Got EAD
and AP approved. On Apr3 2008 I-140 Denied (I-140 was denied -
due to 3yr degree) then I-485 denied on June 26th 2008. So, First
applied MTR for I-140 which was denied on Feb,2009. Then applied
one more MTR (Appeal)for I-140 on March 13th, 2009 (check cashed
by USCIS... receipt copy not yet received).
Suddenly in the recent past month I see that, My I-485 status
updated saying -Transferred and now pending @ Texas service center
(got a notice). So, I applied EAD on June 4th 2009 based on this New Status.
But "When I was on my 7th year of H-1B (valid upto Apr 2009)" jumped (transfered my H1B) to Company B.
Company B: Before I join this company B. They already applied my Labor (GC)
and got approved on June 24, 2008. Then applied H1 Transfer and got approved (valid upto July 13th 2009) and joined this company. Once I joined this company they applied my I-140 and got approved in Jan 2009. Based on this I applied for H1 extension for 3 years. But USCIS denied my H1 and H4 with "Denial Reason: I-485 is denied in June 2008. So, I am not eligible under 104(c) or 106 of AC21 act". Infact we asked extension based on Approved New I-140 of company B. But USCIS denied based on Old company A's I-485. It looks like a real error by USCIS.
Now Applied MTR(Appeal) on H1 and H4 deniad on Apr 17 2009 and waiting for response.
Looking into this.
My Humble request Please give your valuable suggestion. What would be my next step to be in legal status and continue my job. Iam in deep dialemma and verymuch depressed.
Please help me.
Thanks a Lot in Advance.
more...
itsmesabby
07-06 02:57 PM
Using AP does not change one's immigration status. It is just a travel document. You will continue to maintain your H1-B even if you use the AP to re-enter.
Using AP has no relation to using EAD. I have confirmed this with my attorney as well.
Using AP has no relation to using EAD. I have confirmed this with my attorney as well.

sss9i
07-21 12:12 AM
Bump up
more...
kgwithnogc
05-08 01:48 PM
One of China'a growth/export strategy is (and was) always to attract Chineese enterprenuers who settled in the west, so that they can bring technology and market(links).
Now they want all the other chineese to come back, as it is more of country's requirement of quality work force of their own, it seems.
US will loose the edge slowly, if they don't act quickly in not only in retaining talented immigrants and need to do "lot" other things.
That is why it is called "Mother Land".
But in this story it looks like the locals are a little bit suspicious of returnees.
"Starting a company isn't an option for most of the 20-something haigui. Some end up unemployed and are known as haidai, "seaweed"." :(
Now they want all the other chineese to come back, as it is more of country's requirement of quality work force of their own, it seems.
US will loose the edge slowly, if they don't act quickly in not only in retaining talented immigrants and need to do "lot" other things.
That is why it is called "Mother Land".
But in this story it looks like the locals are a little bit suspicious of returnees.
"Starting a company isn't an option for most of the 20-something haigui. Some end up unemployed and are known as haidai, "seaweed"." :(
waitingnwaiting
12-06 08:54 AM
Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/careers/job-trends/Facebook-offers-Rs-70-lakh-job-to-IITian/articleshow/7041790.cms)
Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian
Read more: Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian - The Times of India IIT student gets Rs 70 lakh job offer from Facebook - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/jobs/IIT-student-gets-Rs-70-lakh-job-offer-from-Facebook/articleshow/7040500.cms#ixzz17LNjLY3d)
CHENNAI/MUMBAI: Facebook on Friday recruited one of its addicts from India. The website, which recently logged its 500 millionth active citizen, made an offer of about Rs 70 lakh for a posting in the United States, which has created a buzz on all IIT campuses where annual placements are on.
In the last three days, no other company, domestic or foreign, has come close to offering this kind of a compensation package.
While Facebook is still interviewing more IITians, the student in question, who gives his name as DKS � he is to graduate from the school of computer science and engineering at IIT-Kharagpur in 2011 and doesn't want his full name to be revealed � has received a '' join-us'' post from the website.
On his wall, DKS announces how he is hooked to Facebook, which cuts his day by half. He now knows that the social networking site, known as the Big Boss of the web-world, will eat up his days.
On the offer letter, officials from IIT-Kharagpur said Facebook offered a starting salary of $90,000, a relocation bonus of $10,000 and a one-time signing amount of $25,000 to the 21-year-old from Jamshedpur. But on the Kharagpur campus, students said DKS had also been offered ESOPs and the entire offer translates to about Rs 1.7 crore.
However, sources in the placement cell did not confirm this. DKS, whose father is a government employee, has in his time at IIT interned as a research assistant at the University of British Columbia and at Microsoft India.
Interviews were on till late Friday at IIT-Madras where Facebook shortlisted 10 students. But, after several rounds of interviews, it did not select anyone from IIT-Delhi. Close to 30 students were placed from IIT-B on Friday.
At IIT-Madras, the highest domestic offer on Friday came from Transocean, which offered Rs 28 lakh and the high point of the day was when Intel offered positions to 30 students.
At IIT-B, Tower Research which offered jobs to six students, was among the high paying companies. Several financial institutions � Goldman Sachs, Bank of American, Deutsche Bank, Citibank, Capital One � have made a come back after lying low in the recessionary years.
N Ramesh Babu, adviser (training and placement), IIT Madras, is both excited as well as in a dilemma of sorts with 250-odd recruiters comprising a mix of old and new economy having lined up in close slots till end-January 2011.
''We are in a position where, say, after 20 days you may not have enough students for recruitment. We have not been able to give dates for some companies.
Most companies which hire here, will also be going to the other IITs,'' he said. In the last two days, IIT-Delhi too has seen 110 students being offered jobs
Read more: Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian - The Times of India IIT student gets Rs 70 lakh job offer from Facebook - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/jobs/IIT-student-gets-Rs-70-lakh-job-offer-from-Facebook/articleshow/7040500.cms#ixzz17LNmHU7H)
Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian
Read more: Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian - The Times of India IIT student gets Rs 70 lakh job offer from Facebook - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/jobs/IIT-student-gets-Rs-70-lakh-job-offer-from-Facebook/articleshow/7040500.cms#ixzz17LNjLY3d)
CHENNAI/MUMBAI: Facebook on Friday recruited one of its addicts from India. The website, which recently logged its 500 millionth active citizen, made an offer of about Rs 70 lakh for a posting in the United States, which has created a buzz on all IIT campuses where annual placements are on.
In the last three days, no other company, domestic or foreign, has come close to offering this kind of a compensation package.
While Facebook is still interviewing more IITians, the student in question, who gives his name as DKS � he is to graduate from the school of computer science and engineering at IIT-Kharagpur in 2011 and doesn't want his full name to be revealed � has received a '' join-us'' post from the website.
On his wall, DKS announces how he is hooked to Facebook, which cuts his day by half. He now knows that the social networking site, known as the Big Boss of the web-world, will eat up his days.
On the offer letter, officials from IIT-Kharagpur said Facebook offered a starting salary of $90,000, a relocation bonus of $10,000 and a one-time signing amount of $25,000 to the 21-year-old from Jamshedpur. But on the Kharagpur campus, students said DKS had also been offered ESOPs and the entire offer translates to about Rs 1.7 crore.
However, sources in the placement cell did not confirm this. DKS, whose father is a government employee, has in his time at IIT interned as a research assistant at the University of British Columbia and at Microsoft India.
Interviews were on till late Friday at IIT-Madras where Facebook shortlisted 10 students. But, after several rounds of interviews, it did not select anyone from IIT-Delhi. Close to 30 students were placed from IIT-B on Friday.
At IIT-Madras, the highest domestic offer on Friday came from Transocean, which offered Rs 28 lakh and the high point of the day was when Intel offered positions to 30 students.
At IIT-B, Tower Research which offered jobs to six students, was among the high paying companies. Several financial institutions � Goldman Sachs, Bank of American, Deutsche Bank, Citibank, Capital One � have made a come back after lying low in the recessionary years.
N Ramesh Babu, adviser (training and placement), IIT Madras, is both excited as well as in a dilemma of sorts with 250-odd recruiters comprising a mix of old and new economy having lined up in close slots till end-January 2011.
''We are in a position where, say, after 20 days you may not have enough students for recruitment. We have not been able to give dates for some companies.
Most companies which hire here, will also be going to the other IITs,'' he said. In the last two days, IIT-Delhi too has seen 110 students being offered jobs
Read more: Facebook offers Rs 70 lakh job to IITian - The Times of India IIT student gets Rs 70 lakh job offer from Facebook - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/jobs/IIT-student-gets-Rs-70-lakh-job-offer-from-Facebook/articleshow/7040500.cms#ixzz17LNmHU7H)
more...
bkshres
10-07 01:06 PM
Hi,
I recently moved from Ohio to Maryland. But Maryland DMA is saying that they can not issue Maryland driver's license based on my Ohio license BECAUSE my Ohio driver license has "non renewable/non transferable" note in it. In Ohio for all non-immigrant, they give driver's license with "non renewable/non transferable" note. Until someone gets green card, the note will be there in Ohio driver's license.
Did anyone have similar situation moving from Ohio to different state? This is strange rule in Ohio. but now if I have to get driver's license in Maryland, DMA is saying that I need to start from the beginning like fresh driver starting from driving school, certificates etc etc.
Please help.
Thanks,
BK
I recently moved from Ohio to Maryland. But Maryland DMA is saying that they can not issue Maryland driver's license based on my Ohio license BECAUSE my Ohio driver license has "non renewable/non transferable" note in it. In Ohio for all non-immigrant, they give driver's license with "non renewable/non transferable" note. Until someone gets green card, the note will be there in Ohio driver's license.
Did anyone have similar situation moving from Ohio to different state? This is strange rule in Ohio. but now if I have to get driver's license in Maryland, DMA is saying that I need to start from the beginning like fresh driver starting from driving school, certificates etc etc.
Please help.
Thanks,
BK
Green.Tech
06-10 11:48 PM
But don't lose heart. There are many, if not all, who are with you in this initiative.
I agree and kindly request again to those folks who are with us in this initiative, and for those who are on the fence, please come forward and participate in IV's campaigns.
I agree and kindly request again to those folks who are with us in this initiative, and for those who are on the fence, please come forward and participate in IV's campaigns.
ivjobs
11-08 09:10 PM
Another group with help of IV, to suck the blood by sponsoring H1s...
Believe me , at least 80% of this so called enterpreneurs will end up like present H1/desi employers/blood sucking companies
Of course 20% will be real good with clean intentions.
I bet...As i saw so many people in the same manner.
My close friends got GC and now sucking people with H1s , after just registering LLC with state secretary by paying 100$ reg fees and filing few H1s with INS
Well let us assume this group has people in that 20% too..
Believe me , at least 80% of this so called enterpreneurs will end up like present H1/desi employers/blood sucking companies
Of course 20% will be real good with clean intentions.
I bet...As i saw so many people in the same manner.
My close friends got GC and now sucking people with H1s , after just registering LLC with state secretary by paying 100$ reg fees and filing few H1s with INS
Well let us assume this group has people in that 20% too..
gcformeornot
12-31 02:22 PM
friends... its not going to affect IV agenda.... no law makers are working these days... we will try hard when they come back...... meanwhile few more clicks will secure your vote.... please do so.........
sabbygirl99
03-28 11:23 AM
My LC is languishing in Philly backlog center. Not sure if I beleive that they will have it completed by Sep 2007. In any case, I am blessed enough to be able to switch to a part time status at work. I am enrolling in a part time graduate program. My question is - will going part time at work hurt me with LC or even later with 140, 485, or maybe even green card interview?? Thanks.