happy birthday quotes
GCtrouble
09-25 09:53 PM
Hello,
I am in serious trouble. Sometime ago I tried to switch my I-140 from EB3 to EB2. Now I get NOID to deny 140. Something related to prevailing wage (lawyer has actual letter). In my LC the offered wage was OK for EB3 but low for EB2. Lawyer says he'll try to reinstate EB3, but not sure. Has any one of you been able to reinstate EB3 140? Please help...
I am in serious trouble. Sometime ago I tried to switch my I-140 from EB3 to EB2. Now I get NOID to deny 140. Something related to prevailing wage (lawyer has actual letter). In my LC the offered wage was OK for EB3 but low for EB2. Lawyer says he'll try to reinstate EB3, but not sure. Has any one of you been able to reinstate EB3 140? Please help...
mkiv
05-21 01:42 PM
No you have to send AC21 with new EVL.
Dude you are asking for advise on your own RFE but advising others on their RFEs. I dont get it.
Dude you are asking for advise on your own RFE but advising others on their RFEs. I dont get it.
ashkam
06-25 11:35 AM
The question is, did you earn any money at all in 2007? The information you provided is a bit vague, in one place you say you received paychecks till December 15 2007, in another place you say you did not get paid in 2007. It is simple really, if you did not earn any money in 2007, then you do not have to add your W2 to your tax returns. If you did earn money in 2007, then the company has to supply you with a W2.
Of course, not earning any money in 2007, while keeping you okay with respect to the IRS, might get you in trouble with the USCIS.
Of course, not earning any money in 2007, while keeping you okay with respect to the IRS, might get you in trouble with the USCIS.
saibaba
01-21 04:30 PM
You can go for any reason. I recently got back using AP. They just verify if your AP is valid and let you in.
I second u...Infact I strongly advise everyone to use AP instead of taking chance with H1 stamping(keeping the PIMS,Secuirity check related delays in mind)...
At POE, they just verified my passport expiry date and AP Expiry date..and let me IN....
I second u...Infact I strongly advise everyone to use AP instead of taking chance with H1 stamping(keeping the PIMS,Secuirity check related delays in mind)...
At POE, they just verified my passport expiry date and AP Expiry date..and let me IN....
more...

pappu
04-24 07:56 PM
Paapu, I support IV's move and whole-heartedly acknowledge your adept leadership. Please stay encouraged and forgive your fellow brothers, who don't know what is good for them, and be blessed with inner strength for your self-less work.
The most important thing for all of us now is OUR COLLECTIVE SUPPORT TO IV by instant contribution, to accomplish these reforms which can change many lives and careers. I think this the biggest expected reform, bigger than July 2nd filing SUCCESS, thus we should do HIGHEST contribution to pull it to our side. We should think - What I, as an individual, am doing for this peaceful lobbying? Am I doing anything? can I do more? and then we will find ways to help IV and help ourselves. Then we would not think twice to add $100 or $200 which is about 1/10 th cost of your 1 month apt rent - and stop paying rent forever after greencard and saving millions with free job change, multiple jobs, own business, or buying house etc.
Everybody should realise the importance of getting the some relief rather than nothing with further discussion on ROW effect, please!
My $200.00 is on its way.
Thank you very much
The most important thing for all of us now is OUR COLLECTIVE SUPPORT TO IV by instant contribution, to accomplish these reforms which can change many lives and careers. I think this the biggest expected reform, bigger than July 2nd filing SUCCESS, thus we should do HIGHEST contribution to pull it to our side. We should think - What I, as an individual, am doing for this peaceful lobbying? Am I doing anything? can I do more? and then we will find ways to help IV and help ourselves. Then we would not think twice to add $100 or $200 which is about 1/10 th cost of your 1 month apt rent - and stop paying rent forever after greencard and saving millions with free job change, multiple jobs, own business, or buying house etc.
Everybody should realise the importance of getting the some relief rather than nothing with further discussion on ROW effect, please!
My $200.00 is on its way.
Thank you very much
mymyanmar@gmail.com
08-11 11:39 PM
I got the document at my new address mentioned in my quoted post below. It turns out to be FP notice. But the weird thing is they said they will contact me when appointment is available and it'll take 4 months.
Does anyone know why is that?
Thanks,
ROW Guy
Hi,
I am not sure this is the right thread to post my question. I recently moved to new address and as soon as I moved, I did change address using AR-11 online through USCIS website. And I did received the change address confirmation from USCIS. But in that confirmation, it's only mentioned about my wife's case status number and I didn't see any for mine.
And Aug 4, when i checked my case status online, it's said, "Document mailed to applicant". So just now I called to UCSIS customer service to find out my change of address has been updated in their system because I am afraid they might send that "document" to my old address. The CSR from USCIS told me on the phone that he cannot check my address(cos it's personal information) and the only thing I can find out is take infopass appointment. He also told me my case has been approved. I don't believe what he said was true cos I haven't done any FP yet. I did got EAD and AP approvals for both me and my wife since 2007, Sep.
So my questions are
1) Can my 485 case be approved without FP?
2) Is infopass the only way to find out my address change is updated in their system?
Any reply is highly appreciated.
My info
EB3 ROW - PD 2005, Mar
485 filed on Jul 5, 2007.
Thanks in advance,
ROW Guy
Does anyone know why is that?
Thanks,
ROW Guy
Hi,
I am not sure this is the right thread to post my question. I recently moved to new address and as soon as I moved, I did change address using AR-11 online through USCIS website. And I did received the change address confirmation from USCIS. But in that confirmation, it's only mentioned about my wife's case status number and I didn't see any for mine.
And Aug 4, when i checked my case status online, it's said, "Document mailed to applicant". So just now I called to UCSIS customer service to find out my change of address has been updated in their system because I am afraid they might send that "document" to my old address. The CSR from USCIS told me on the phone that he cannot check my address(cos it's personal information) and the only thing I can find out is take infopass appointment. He also told me my case has been approved. I don't believe what he said was true cos I haven't done any FP yet. I did got EAD and AP approvals for both me and my wife since 2007, Sep.
So my questions are
1) Can my 485 case be approved without FP?
2) Is infopass the only way to find out my address change is updated in their system?
Any reply is highly appreciated.
My info
EB3 ROW - PD 2005, Mar
485 filed on Jul 5, 2007.
Thanks in advance,
ROW Guy
more...
desi3933
06-25 04:33 PM
>> 1. What was your original I-94 date before H-1B amendment was filed by Company A?
September 30 2009
>> 2. What was amendment for?
amendment is for change in annual salary
>> 3. Why H-1B amendment was denied?
The amendment was filed way back in Sep 2007 and they got the RFE in Nov 2008. The amendment is denied because of the Annual salary specified & also because we couldn't get the End client letter (Client told me that it's company police not to provide such type of letter). We provided main vendor contract.
Based on the information provided, it seems that only original H-1 petition (before amendment) is likely to be valid for Employer A. You can probably work for Employer A, under original LCA conditions (including salary and job location), until I-94 expiration date (Sep 30th, 2009). However, if you were getting paid less at the time of Employer A H-1B amendment denial, then it becomes more complex.
If you had been out of status on H1 in past (for example - not getting paid on bench, getting paid less than LCA), then you are out of status now. You may need re-entry in US to get back into status.
>> Can I work after Company B files MTR?
No. Since H-1B petition is denied, you can not work for Employer B, even if Employer B files for MTR.
I would suggest you get professional advice from immigration attorney. Based on the facts so far, I see limited options for you.
Good Luck.
_______________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
September 30 2009
>> 2. What was amendment for?
amendment is for change in annual salary
>> 3. Why H-1B amendment was denied?
The amendment was filed way back in Sep 2007 and they got the RFE in Nov 2008. The amendment is denied because of the Annual salary specified & also because we couldn't get the End client letter (Client told me that it's company police not to provide such type of letter). We provided main vendor contract.
Based on the information provided, it seems that only original H-1 petition (before amendment) is likely to be valid for Employer A. You can probably work for Employer A, under original LCA conditions (including salary and job location), until I-94 expiration date (Sep 30th, 2009). However, if you were getting paid less at the time of Employer A H-1B amendment denial, then it becomes more complex.
If you had been out of status on H1 in past (for example - not getting paid on bench, getting paid less than LCA), then you are out of status now. You may need re-entry in US to get back into status.
>> Can I work after Company B files MTR?
No. Since H-1B petition is denied, you can not work for Employer B, even if Employer B files for MTR.
I would suggest you get professional advice from immigration attorney. Based on the facts so far, I see limited options for you.
Good Luck.
_______________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin

go_guy123
03-30 02:06 PM
A former colleague of mine from B'Desh got his GC in 14 weeks.
ROW EB2 are talking in terms of weeks, not even months. We, on the other hand are talking in terms of decades, not even years.
That is exactly the reason why per country quota removal is a difficult task. ROW has lots at stake in ensuring that per country quota is not removed. Fighting for a bigger pie is easier than fighting for a greater slice of the pie.
ROW EB2 are talking in terms of weeks, not even months. We, on the other hand are talking in terms of decades, not even years.
That is exactly the reason why per country quota removal is a difficult task. ROW has lots at stake in ensuring that per country quota is not removed. Fighting for a bigger pie is easier than fighting for a greater slice of the pie.
more...
h1techSlave
12-04 12:28 PM
I thought you can be with out a job for 6 months while AOS pending. Not on H1, but in EAD.
I think ashkam is missing the main point here. You are on EAD which is based on an employment based GC application where you have to be employed all the time. You (EAD and people who are on H1) are not supposed to tell that are unemployed! Duh!
A people who are on H1 (same goes to people with EAD based on a employment based GC) and out of payroll for more than 28 days (not sure about the exact # of days, some says 42 days), you are out of status.
So think twice before you disclose that you are unemployed.
I think ashkam is missing the main point here. You are on EAD which is based on an employment based GC application where you have to be employed all the time. You (EAD and people who are on H1) are not supposed to tell that are unemployed! Duh!
A people who are on H1 (same goes to people with EAD based on a employment based GC) and out of payroll for more than 28 days (not sure about the exact # of days, some says 42 days), you are out of status.
So think twice before you disclose that you are unemployed.
milind70
04-01 05:58 PM
Folks,
I checked my status online today (4/1/2008) and this is what it says:
"On December 13, 2007, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent."
I had subscribed to email notification, but I didn't get any email in december :confused: . It has been 3.5 months since that notice.. So I am little tensed.
My Situation:
PD - Feb-2005
Labor - Approved
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - Address mistake, filed the address correction on 9/18/2008 and got the confirmation in the mail that the address was changed.
I immediately called the number listed and opened a SR for this. The CSR said he cannot look at my file to see what address is listed. I am not sure how I can get to a Level 2 IO ?
So I am not sure, what notice was sent and where ? Is there anything else I can do ? Will InfoPass help ?
I am thinking that it might be the FP appointment but I am not sure.
-Bipin
I and my wife had applied online for our EADs in Nov2007 , we got our EAD RN in a week time but in Jan i got FP notice for EAD and Jan 19 2008 my EAD got approved and mailed as per the online status , but when i checked for my wifes status it said notice returned undeliverable . My wife wrote to to the service centre with copies of her 485 FP, EAD RN which had the same address as well as a copy of the EAD application showing the same address as well as to the local Post Office as to why this was returned as undeliverable when all the other notices were fine . We did fedex these applications overnight and two days the online status changed as card approved and she got her EAD on Jan 30th or so.
I would suggest if this is a mistake of USPS who have returned the notice even though the address is correct write to USCIS with copies of earlier notices with the same address and request them to resend and to USPS asking as to why the notice was returned as underlivered where as earlier other notices were delivered.
It worked for us , we did not get into the hassle of calling Customer Support and taking infopass and going to Local office as these are pretty cumbersome and time consuming. It did cost us 14 dollars for express mail via USPS but apart from that it was fine and it worked. Hope our experience helps
I checked my status online today (4/1/2008) and this is what it says:
"On December 13, 2007, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent."
I had subscribed to email notification, but I didn't get any email in december :confused: . It has been 3.5 months since that notice.. So I am little tensed.
My Situation:
PD - Feb-2005
Labor - Approved
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - Address mistake, filed the address correction on 9/18/2008 and got the confirmation in the mail that the address was changed.
I immediately called the number listed and opened a SR for this. The CSR said he cannot look at my file to see what address is listed. I am not sure how I can get to a Level 2 IO ?
So I am not sure, what notice was sent and where ? Is there anything else I can do ? Will InfoPass help ?
I am thinking that it might be the FP appointment but I am not sure.
-Bipin
I and my wife had applied online for our EADs in Nov2007 , we got our EAD RN in a week time but in Jan i got FP notice for EAD and Jan 19 2008 my EAD got approved and mailed as per the online status , but when i checked for my wifes status it said notice returned undeliverable . My wife wrote to to the service centre with copies of her 485 FP, EAD RN which had the same address as well as a copy of the EAD application showing the same address as well as to the local Post Office as to why this was returned as undeliverable when all the other notices were fine . We did fedex these applications overnight and two days the online status changed as card approved and she got her EAD on Jan 30th or so.
I would suggest if this is a mistake of USPS who have returned the notice even though the address is correct write to USCIS with copies of earlier notices with the same address and request them to resend and to USPS asking as to why the notice was returned as underlivered where as earlier other notices were delivered.
It worked for us , we did not get into the hassle of calling Customer Support and taking infopass and going to Local office as these are pretty cumbersome and time consuming. It did cost us 14 dollars for express mail via USPS but apart from that it was fine and it worked. Hope our experience helps
more...
jsb
10-25 03:53 PM
I agree with you....You should be able to file the G28 form to get someone else to be yr representative 2 or 4
..
My understanding is that you need to send a Cancel G-28 notice (as a simple letter, or using a G-28 form) to USCIS. Your current attorney does not have to do anything. You hired your attorney, so you can drop him/her anytime and advise USCIS.
..
My understanding is that you need to send a Cancel G-28 notice (as a simple letter, or using a G-28 form) to USCIS. Your current attorney does not have to do anything. You hired your attorney, so you can drop him/her anytime and advise USCIS.
Anders �stberg
May 1st, 2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys!
I like that edit Fred! Make it a little more subtle and it would work really well.
Re. dust; yes it was very dry, I was there for maybe a half hour but there was a thin layer of dust all over me and the gear. I don't like it when the teeth crunch on sand from the air. The dust adds to the shots though, much like fog.
I like that edit Fred! Make it a little more subtle and it would work really well.
Re. dust; yes it was very dry, I was there for maybe a half hour but there was a thin layer of dust all over me and the gear. I don't like it when the teeth crunch on sand from the air. The dust adds to the shots though, much like fog.
more...

gpr
07-30 07:11 PM
My EAD application is still pending while it got approved for my spouse within a month.
tiinap
02-01 08:22 PM
Right, the Senate is definitely the key. Because after all, right now we have a president who has always supported expanding legal immigration and look how far that has taken us in the last 8 years :).
Still, the President has important powers:
(S)he can set the course on this issue, and continue to push for CIR and shape the discussion in a positive direction, or just neglect this topic.
More importantly, the President has veto powers. If our president will be Romney, I'm afraid he'd veto bills that do anything to expand legal immigration, and just ramble on about the fence. If our president will be Hillary, I'm afraid she might gladly sign a bill that wipes out the H1B program (she has said that she wants to have a temporary worker program for agriculture only) or cuts back on EB immigration even further.
I think our fates do depend to some extent on who the next President will be. I'm just curious who should I be rooting for and who should I recommend that my U.S. citizen friends vote for, because it's hard to make sense of their message.
Still, the President has important powers:
(S)he can set the course on this issue, and continue to push for CIR and shape the discussion in a positive direction, or just neglect this topic.
More importantly, the President has veto powers. If our president will be Romney, I'm afraid he'd veto bills that do anything to expand legal immigration, and just ramble on about the fence. If our president will be Hillary, I'm afraid she might gladly sign a bill that wipes out the H1B program (she has said that she wants to have a temporary worker program for agriculture only) or cuts back on EB immigration even further.
I think our fates do depend to some extent on who the next President will be. I'm just curious who should I be rooting for and who should I recommend that my U.S. citizen friends vote for, because it's hard to make sense of their message.
more...
kumarc123
11-14 08:56 PM
Hello all IV members,
I was wondering, the 7% green card allotment for each country, can than be considered as racial discrimination? I mean a law suit against USCIS for discriminating against skilled workers.
A question for all you, what do you think is going to happen? will EB2 move fast in next few months, I don't understand how can U.S govt play will all our lives? We all have some personal decisions on hold,
Lastly i feel, we should contact some high profile politicians in India, so they can put a question or make some time of arrangement for Indians who are stuck over here, we all know unites states is interested in nuclear deal, if some type of provision is put in there to help Indians in this country
how about holding another DC rally?
We have to do some big about all this crap!
I was wondering, the 7% green card allotment for each country, can than be considered as racial discrimination? I mean a law suit against USCIS for discriminating against skilled workers.
A question for all you, what do you think is going to happen? will EB2 move fast in next few months, I don't understand how can U.S govt play will all our lives? We all have some personal decisions on hold,
Lastly i feel, we should contact some high profile politicians in India, so they can put a question or make some time of arrangement for Indians who are stuck over here, we all know unites states is interested in nuclear deal, if some type of provision is put in there to help Indians in this country
how about holding another DC rally?
We have to do some big about all this crap!

mirage
04-08 03:01 PM
For EB3 India 7% of 85,030 = 5903. And still Dates are stuck in 2001. I don't know what it take to move it to beyond 2002-2003 ?
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
more...

mirage
04-08 03:01 PM
For EB3 India 7% of 85,030 = 5903. And still Dates are stuck in 2001. I don't know what it take to move it to beyond 2002-2003 ?
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..

GCcomesoon
03-14 01:20 PM
Hi
Are there any updates to the Bill that is being discussed right now ? I mean we have updates saying that they are discussing illegal immigration, border security, etc. I guess all of us are waiting to see & hear if something about us is getting discussed there. Something which would benefit our own community.
Please don't get me wrong, but many people hopefully look at the posts everyday thinking that there might be an update which might benefit thier case.I would urge & request someone from core members to give continuous updates.That would also eliminate lot of doubts especially amongst groups who are not very clear on the immigration voice activities.
Thanks
GCcomesoon
Are there any updates to the Bill that is being discussed right now ? I mean we have updates saying that they are discussing illegal immigration, border security, etc. I guess all of us are waiting to see & hear if something about us is getting discussed there. Something which would benefit our own community.
Please don't get me wrong, but many people hopefully look at the posts everyday thinking that there might be an update which might benefit thier case.I would urge & request someone from core members to give continuous updates.That would also eliminate lot of doubts especially amongst groups who are not very clear on the immigration voice activities.
Thanks
GCcomesoon
vinabath
03-24 03:22 PM
LOL - Yeah, you better grow a beard, cross the border and move to Mexico. You have been identified as a bad boy in these parts! :cool:
You know what my beard already started growing.
You know what my beard already started growing.
adusumilli
10-01 01:32 PM
I had same message for the I-485 but my EAD is approved. i called NSC about the FP print notice and they said it is issued in error and everything is fine. i have FP appointment on 10/05. So i think you just give a call and check with USCIS.
1. My EAD application status at USCIS website got changed to,
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
this morning. My heartfelt thanks to ImmigrationVoice activists for this.
My spouse's EAD application status still shows as,
Current Status: Case received and pending.
In my case, my spouse's application is the derivative application of mine. Any incidence of spouse's EAD case getting stuck while the primary's application going through?
2. Also, Is EAD approval anyway related/tied to I-485 Application? In that case, it is understandable for my spouse not to see her status changed. Because, her I-485 Applications status is shown as,
Current Status: Fingerprint fee rejected and notice mailed; case in suspense.
though we both have already finished our finger printing. Our attorney says, its USCIS's mistake and he has already sent $70(once again) towards her fingerprinting fees to be on the safer side.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks,
1. My EAD application status at USCIS website got changed to,
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
this morning. My heartfelt thanks to ImmigrationVoice activists for this.
My spouse's EAD application status still shows as,
Current Status: Case received and pending.
In my case, my spouse's application is the derivative application of mine. Any incidence of spouse's EAD case getting stuck while the primary's application going through?
2. Also, Is EAD approval anyway related/tied to I-485 Application? In that case, it is understandable for my spouse not to see her status changed. Because, her I-485 Applications status is shown as,
Current Status: Fingerprint fee rejected and notice mailed; case in suspense.
though we both have already finished our finger printing. Our attorney says, its USCIS's mistake and he has already sent $70(once again) towards her fingerprinting fees to be on the safer side.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks,
InTheMoment
02-06 11:53 PM
Senthil,
If you invoke AC21 and get your own EAD, it beats me ...what stops your wife from getting her own whereby both of you stay in status !
If you invoke AC21 and get your own EAD, it beats me ...what stops your wife from getting her own whereby both of you stay in status !